After school, I started working on staining the desk I made for Grandma and Grandpa (or possibly Pa Pa, Alex has decided). The desk will be used for the church sound system. Anyway, 3/4 of the way through my the staining of the top portion of the desk, I got a call from Molly. She said that she was having contractions, but no big deal. I asked her how far apart they were, and she said about five minutes! Five minutes!! It sounded like a big deal to me!
We came home and started getting everything together, and we kept track of Mom's contractions. For about an hour, they held steady at five minutes. As we inched closer to four minutes, I finally said, "Ok, we're going!" Alex was really good while we were getting checked in, but he definitely knew something was up. Momma had a small breakdown when she realized that she was sitting with Alex as an only baby for the last time.
He went home with Uncle Thomas and Cousin Thomas to spend the night in Jacksonville. He handled the transition without a breakdown because (1) Dude (Aaron) stopped by to bring Daddy the phone charger, and Alex got to walk out to the car with him. He sure loves Dude! and (2) He got to watch the Fireman Sam DVD on Uncle Thomas' fancy minivan DVD player.
He has no idea that his world will be completely different when we see him tomorrow! We've really loved every moment we've been able to spend with Alex as an only child--ok, not every moment, but most of them, but we can't wait to meet our new beautiful baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment