Last night we had a great time with some of our Illinois College friends, and the kids were good so it was a successful evening. Today at church was another disaster with Alex. Both Adam and I took him outside to get spanked. I even had him in the cry room for a while and told him if he was going to act like a baby he could be in the baby room. It was a rough morning that ended with a lady telling me that I was doing a great job and that I just had to love him. This pregnant Mom lost it. I sobbed uncontrollable for some time, but felt much better afterwards. I sure wish kids could understand just a little of how much parents love them and they would do dang near anything to make their lives as happy and easy as possible. I guess these trials in life are what make us stronger and shape us into the people we are meant to be.
Anyway, after church we went back to Uncle Thomas' house to celebrate his birthday, which is on Tuesday. We had a delicious meal and ice cream cake! YUM! Alex continued to be terrible and even had Uncle Thomas at his breaking point. It's not really the ideal celebration, but that's how it goes. After lunch we all went home and had a long nap! The evening went much smoother.
No pictures from today. Too much drama and I was just too tired to even think about the camera.
Happy Birthday Uncle Thomas. We love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(403)
-
▼
April
(28)
- Wig Fun
- 14 Week Check Up
- Pre work Photo Shoot
- Working and Relaxing
- Amelia and Baby
- Black Olives
- Vintage Jacket
- After School Bonding
- Soccer
- Easter Round #2
- Easter Visit with Ma
- Easter Best
- Easter Morning
- Easter Round #1
- Tree Down!!!
- Callin' in the Big Guns
- Under Construction
- Baby Love
- Happy Birthday Uncle Thomas
- Outside and Out of Our Minds
- First Soccer Game
- Fix it Daddy
- Big News
- Yard Work
- Aaron & Mihaela's Wedding
- Evalee's Birthday Party
- Daddy/Daughter Date Night
- First Soccer Practice
-
▼
April
(28)
No comments:
Post a Comment