Monday, October 24, 2011

An Ear Full













What a day it's been.  Amelia was a very bad sleeper last night, so starting this Monday off sleepy was not a fun way to start the week.  Then I got a phone call at work saying Amelia was very fussy, wouldn't take her bottle, and was grabbing at her ear.  So off to the doctor we went to discover a left ear full of infection!!  I know we're all surprised by this!!  So, Amelia and I spent the afternoon snuggling. Daddy picked Alex up from daycare and hung out for a little while before he had to go teach his class at Benedictine.

I fed the kids supper.  They both also had bananas.  This is still one of Alex's favorite fruits, and Amelia sure likes them too.  For some reason Alex decided to eat his banana on the floor with a shovel.  Luckily he cleaned up after himself.  Amelia is slowly getting the hang of eating.  She likes to grab the spoon and try to help or stick her thumb in her mouth. It makes for a messy messy girl!

So naturally it was off to the bathtub for both kids.  Then Amelia had to get a breathing treatment and Alex entertained himself by putting on socks that needed to be folded.  He was so proud of himself.  Amelia was a champ with her breathing treatment and even gave me some smiles.  Of course Alex thought he needed a treatment too.  Everything is cooler if Sissy is doing it!  Then we snuggled up in bed and watched a movie.  Amelia is very clingy, but that's OK.  I like a good snuggle.  Sure hope she feels better soon.

I should also mention that I'm the only one in the house not currently on an antibiotic.  Adam's ear is still not feeling right, so he called and got another rounds of meds.  Alex is almost finished with an antibiotic from dealing with another bout of strep throat last week.  Our flex spending account is getting a workout!!!  Also, when I took Alex to the Dr. last week Amelia weighed in at 15 lbs 4 oz. 

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Followers