Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lamaze Class

Today Adam and I went to a Lamaze class at Memorial Hospital. I was worried we were going to end up being next to a couple like the Duggars who have a zillion kids and come every time to refresh their memory or the all natural hippie that would never ever consider putting any kind of medication into their body. As the case may be, we didn't have either situation. There was only 4 other couples in the class, all having their first child and close to our age. Adam and I were the talkers of the group, and even recieved a few extra diapers for participating!!

I would say we learned several things today that I hope will be helpful. I'm thinking it's going to be like our wedding day. . . we practiced the night before but the day of the wedding I had to keep asking Adam what to do. I'm guessing the birthing process is going to very similar, Adam is going to have to be the voice of reason. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a phenominal birthing coach! That's not to say I may hate him during it, but I know he will mean well. I asked the teacher what the percentage is of women that get epidurals and she said about 83%, and I'm guessing more than likely I'm going to be one of those women. I at least know we learned some tools that will get us through part of the birthing process. Who knows I may surprise myself!

My lower back has really been hurting the last few days. We learned a few techniques today that seemed to help releive some pressure, so I'm hoping those continue to work. Also learned about using a birthing ball, which we have an exercise ball at home that is essentially the same thing, so I plan on using that at home as well. I think I also may need to add another pillow at night. I currently sleep with a body pillow and two regular pillows, which Adam makes fun of me for. The teacher actually said it's normal to use about 5, so I think I 'm doing pretty good. I guess it's good we have a king size bed and Adam doesn't need much room to sleep at night!!

Tonight we're off to Thomas and Amy's house for a little get together. Should be fun, especially since today is so beautful out!! Sure would be nice to have a beer on a day like this, but I know that's not an option . . . well maybe a sip just for memories sake!!

1 comment:

Sarah & Seth said...

I still have to sign us up for one of those...none have worked into our schedules yet! Seth will be happy to know that Adam suffered through it just fine.

Background

Blog Archive

Followers