Today, I started the morning off with 10 oz of uncarbonated orange drink, one hour later I had my blood drawn. I am being tested for gestational diabetes. This is a test that all women take as they begin their 3rd trimester. Yes, you read right we are officially in the 3rd and final trimester. Time is really flying, and it's really making me nervous since we still have so much left to do.
This afternoon I had my monthly check-up with Dr. Putman. It was the normal routine: get weighed, check my blood pressure, measure my belly, and listen to the heartbeat. All went very well. I've gained 6 lbs since my last appointment, making my total weight gain 14 lbs. I should only be gaining a pound a week, but I manged to gain 1.5 pounds this last month. The goal from here on out will be to only gain one a week!! My appointments will now be every two weeks. The only other thing we need to work on is finding a pediatrician, so if anyone has suggestions we'd love to hear from you!
The baby has been very active lately and my tailbone has been really hurting, but all in all I'm doing very well. The biggest task right now is trying to survive the long hours at work. Tuesday I was at work until 2 am for the annual budget night. Hopefully, this was my last one of those. I'm really hoping once the baby is born to find a job with a little more regular schedule. God willing that will happen. I'm going to have to work this weekend, but it won't be so bad because Adam will also be at the Capitol helping with the annual Youth and Government program.
Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather!!
1 comment:
We go to Dr. Michelle Miner at SIU pediatrics. She is so good, and takes her time with every patient.
LOVE HER!
Post a Comment