Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Big Day!!


 
In September, we decided that we would try one more time to add to our family.  The bad news first, Dr. Galle retired so we couldn't go back to him.  We were able to go to SIU Fertility and see the only fertility Dr in the Springfield area.  His name is Dr. Loret de Mola, though our first meeting was with his Nurse Practioner, Lisa Greenacre. 
 
We told her were really just wanted to pick up where we left off with Dr. Galle because he had things figured out.   She wanted to run some preliminary tests, which I wasn't really fond of doing since Dr. Galle had done them and we knew what the problem was.  Anyway, long story short my glucose A1C level was higher than she wanted it to be, so I had to continue taking my Metformin pills that I had started in July and retest in another month of so.  In October I had to go to the hospital and have a dye test done, but everything came back normal as I expected it would!  In November my levels were lower, but still not where she wanted them.  I held off testing again until January because of the holidays, etc.  My levels came back good! 
 
Now the good news, we were able to finally start the process of trying for a baby again.  After a few weeks of sonograms and shots today is the day we have our insemination and keep our fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Followers