Alex and Amelia have religiously been checking the tomato plants for signs of red goodness. Today we finally were able to pick about a dozen cherry tomatoes. Not a single one of them made it into the house. Adam and I got not a single bite! We have lots of green ones, so hopefully before long we'll have enough for the whole family to enjoy.
We also have a few cucumbers and zucchinis that should be making an appearance before long. I planted green beans but only one plant came up. We got about 10 beans off of it, and then Amelia pulled it up out of the ground while I was pulling weeds. Hoping next year we'll have better luck.
I love seeing the excitement the kids get to eat what we've planted. I by no means plan on becoming self sufficient in the vegetable world, but it is nice to eat what you've grown yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment