 |
| Being a Vet |
 |
| Petting the guinea pigs |
 |
| Stingrays |
 |
| Enjoying a blue sno-cone!! YUM! |
 |
| Standing in front of a misting fan= happiness!! |
Amelia has had a fever since Saturday afternoon, so we headed to the Dr first thing this morning. I thought she had strep throat because her cousin Thomas had it last week, and we had been with them. Turns out it was Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. It's been going around at daycare, and boy did her throat look nasty. There's nothing you can do, but take Tylenol and keep hydrated!
We weren't going to let this stop us from having fun at the zoo, so off we went. As I've mentioned it's been ridiculously hot lately, and today was no exception. It was 107 degrees out today. YUCK!! Believe it or not for as hot as it was it really it wasn't that bad, except when Amelia insisted on putting her blanket on my shoulder. That thing is soooo thick and hot!! We let the boys run in the water, stripped Amelia down to her diaper, and found misting fans (the only thing that made Amelia smile all day!!) and air conditioning from time to time. We should have listened to Gabbi and gone and seen the penguins a lot sooner. It was freezing in there, 45 degrees actually. It sure felt good though!! By the end of the day we were pooped and ready to head to the hotel.
Amelia seemed to be feeling better by the end of the day, but Alex started to go down hill. I could tell he had a fever and he was not wanting to eat, so I started loading him up with Tylenol. When we got to the hotel he asked to put on his PJs, so I gave him a shower and he was asleep by 7:00. That never happens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment