Alex & Amelia arrived on Saturday afternoon, the day before Easter, to begin their stay with us while Mommy & Daddy headed out to a well-deserved vacation to Mexico. We had a dinner of hamburgers & hot dogs that Uncle Thomas grilled for us. Nana hurried after dinner to shower & get to church to attend the Easter Vigil Mass at 8 p.m. so that she could see the members of the class she helped teach join the church. Nana had everything ready for egg coloring while she was gone to church. By time I arrived home around 10:30 everyone was in bed asleep.
Easter morning the kids were up by 6 to see what the Easter Bunny brought. There was a lot of excitement. After a quick breakfast we headed to Mass in Jacksonville since there wasn't any at our church in White Hall. We came home & changed clothes & headed to Uncle Mike & Aunt Crystal's for a great day & plenty to eat. It was nap time when we got home. Mom & Dad started loading up their stuff to head to St. Louis to spend the nite for their early departure to Mexico. Before they left, they fed & bathed the kids. It was uneventful getting everyone to sleep because we were all tired from being outside all day.
The kids slept til 7 and we got going with diaper changes & breakfast. Nana tried reasoning w/Alex that he should be using the potty but he was having none of it. However, he is good at telling you when he wants powder on when you change his diaper! They both had oatmeal & toast for breakfast. Uncle Jordan assisted with breakfast duties. Nana tried giving Amelia a bottle but she wasn't too interested in it. She did drink some of it but not much. The kids are both good eaters. We got dressed & played on the floor in the family room & Uncle Jordan joined in. Nana got out the jumper for Amelia & she played in it for awhile. I think Alex was a little disappointed he couldn't fit in it! Alex was a big helper &swept the floor every day for me.
Nana & Alex were watching Spiderman on the laptop while Amelia took a nap, we both fell asleep. Amelia woke up & ate a whole grilled cheese for lunch plus some applesauce. Alex slept til 2 p.m. on the couch. When he woke up he was kind of quiet but he was ready for lunch. He ate a 1/2 of peanut butter sandwich & then asked for more. Uncle Jordan was out for a 14 mile run while all this was going on since he is training for a marathon in Cincinnati in May. We played some more & when Papa came home he took over while Nana cooked supper. We had spaghetti, which the kids &Uncle Jordan love. Papa offered to give the kids baths while I cleaned the kitchen. When I asked him what he washed the kids with because their Mom brought special soap for them, he said I used the stuff in the red bottle. Turns out they were bathed with kids shampoo, but they were clean. Papa & Alex had ice cream for dessert & Alex has 2nds. Alex cried a little when it was time for bed, asking for his Daddy, he also asked for him whenever he had to have his poopy diapers changed (What's the connection here???) Jordan and I couldn't find Alex at one point today. We looked all over for him and finally found him under the covers in Molly's old room pooping!! Nana layed down w/him for a few minutes & he was out, Amelia was much easier, you just lay her down & she's good to go.
Unfortunately on Tuesday Alex was up at 6 and Amelia slept til 9-can't they both be on the same schedule? Today pretty much consisted of pretty much the same thing for breakfast. I asked Uncle Jordan to stay so I could wash my hair & get dressed before he headed back to Ohio. I tried mixing breast milk in Amelia's cereal &she gagged & wanted nothing to do with it. She did drink some of it from a cup. We watched tv-Alex certainly knows what he does & doesn't want to watch! We watched Barney who I can't stand but 30 mins. of it was stomachable! We played out in the yard on the swings & walked to the mailbox where Alex carried the mail back to the house. Amelia swang on her swing on the deck & Alex drove the Little Tikes car. He also asked a million questions about the "workers" who were roofing our house. I was starting to feel crummy because I had caught Amelia's cold so when Papa came home in the afternoon I told him he would have to watch the kids for at least 30 minutes so I could lay down. He got them to both take a nap & he let me sleep for 2.5 hrs. I was so exhausted! We had meat loaf for supper & both kids did a good job of eating. Alex wanted to know what he was eating & I told him meatloaf. He said: "Nana this is so good!" He had several helpings & ate 2 helping of potatoes. Amelia didn't drink a bottle today either. By time bedtime came around I was pooped out. Alex asked me to lay down with him & I don't know who was asleep faster-me or him. I ended up sleeping there all night because even though I woke up, I was just too tired to make it down the hall to the bedroom!
Wednesday was pretty much more of the same: Breakfast, toys, laundry, lunch, naps, playing outside on the deck with the car & the swing. Petting the dogs & cats. We had chili for supper, which the kids ate well. For Amelia I just dipped the meat & beans out & smashed them up. They had mandarin oranges for dessert. Alex really liked them. Papa was in charge of bathtime again. After the kids went to bed I started gathering up all their stuff to take to Grandma Kershaws & there was a whole bunch to get together. Unfortunately, I heard I forgot to send Grandma Kershaw the baby wipes. Sorry about that Debbie!
Thursday we were up by 7 & spent the morning gather the rest of the stuff up, getting everyone fed & dressed & loading up the car. Alex was upset he didn't get to "sweep" the floor before we left. We made a quick trip to the store so the kids could say goodbye to Papa before we headed to Virden to Grandma Kershaw's. I found the house thanks to GPS since I had actually never been to the Kershaw house before. Grandma Debbie & I got all the things unloaded & everyone situated, we visited for a little bit & then I headed out. I decided to head to Springfield to treat myself to a mani-pedi after watching the kids for the past few days. I figured I deserved it! I enjoyed watching them, reading stories to them from the books that belonged to their mom & uncles & spending time with them. I love them both an awful lot but this Nana was ready for a day to herself! I don't know how I raised 4 kids! I was a whole lot younger then!
We're waiting for an update from Grandma. Hopefully she'll send us something soon and I'll post it!



No comments:
Post a Comment