UPDATE: I'm adding my final belly picture. We took it right before we left for the hospital!!
Well, Molly has informed me that this is part of my job today. My job is pretty easy compared to hers. Anyway, Molly woke me up this morning a little after six and said that she thought this was the day. So, I called into work (Williamsville will have to make it through report card day without me, and Aaron, Steve, and Paul will have to make it through a round of golf without me, too.)
It's now just past noon. At last check, Molly was dilated to a five. We're in our "birthing suite," and Molly's contractions have been getting stronger...I just had to stop in order to help Molly breathe. She said it's the strongest one yet. In any case, Molly has not had an epidural yet, but she might be getting one soon. Dr. Putman should be coming in to check her soon, and we'll see how we've progressed.
Nana Meehan is here, and so are Grandma and Grandpa (Grandad?) Kershaw. Papa Meehan is at the store, a little annoyed that Molly would have the nerve to have a baby on the first of the month.
Ok, it's now past 1:30. Since I started this, Molly's contractions came faster and stronger until they were about a minute and a half apart. Then, the epidural doctor came in and gave Molly some happy juice in her back. Dr. Putman has been in and broken Molly's water. He says Molly is dilated to a strong six, almost a seven, and breaking the water should push things along a little further.
So, everything is coming along very well. At this point, we're just waiting until Molly can push. Anyway, I'm very excited, and I look forward to posting something later today!
Since we've been here, the baby lullabye chimes have gone off three times. It's a busy day here on the maternity ward!
It's now just past noon. At last check, Molly was dilated to a five. We're in our "birthing suite," and Molly's contractions have been getting stronger...I just had to stop in order to help Molly breathe. She said it's the strongest one yet. In any case, Molly has not had an epidural yet, but she might be getting one soon. Dr. Putman should be coming in to check her soon, and we'll see how we've progressed.
Nana Meehan is here, and so are Grandma and Grandpa (Grandad?) Kershaw. Papa Meehan is at the store, a little annoyed that Molly would have the nerve to have a baby on the first of the month.
Ok, it's now past 1:30. Since I started this, Molly's contractions came faster and stronger until they were about a minute and a half apart. Then, the epidural doctor came in and gave Molly some happy juice in her back. Dr. Putman has been in and broken Molly's water. He says Molly is dilated to a strong six, almost a seven, and breaking the water should push things along a little further.
So, everything is coming along very well. At this point, we're just waiting until Molly can push. Anyway, I'm very excited, and I look forward to posting something later today!
Since we've been here, the baby lullabye chimes have gone off three times. It's a busy day here on the maternity ward!
No comments:
Post a Comment