Sunday Grandma & Grandpa Kershaw stopped by to deliver the cradle for the baby to sleep in. As I mentioned with Alex, this cradle was made by Daddy's Papa and Daddy and all his brothers slept in. Now the grandchildren are continuing the tradition, with both Alex and Evalee having slept in it. It really seems like yesterday that Alex was in it. Time really does fly!!
We were glad to get the cradle. It's the jumpstart Mommy needed to get her motivated to start getting other things in order for the arrival of our special delivery (only 7 1/2 weeks left!) I have washed baby clothes, cleaned out Alex's new room, and gone through boxes in the basement. We're getting ready for our first ever garage sale next weekend. I took tomorrow off work, so I plan on getting lots of cleaning done then as well!!
Alex was not as excited when Daddy put the cradle together because he wanted to go night night in it and he didn't understand that he was just too big. I guess you can chalk this up as his first little bit of jealousy over new baby! We were able to take him upstairs and talk about his new big boy bed. Alex even helped put the new sheets in the washer and the next day we made the bed together. Last night was his first night sleeping in his big boy bed and he did fabulous!! He slept all night and didn't fall out, so we consider it a huge success!! I would love to share pictures with you, but my camera batteries are still dead! I did actually put them on the charger today, but who knows how long they'll last! No worries, new ones have been ordered and will be hear next week!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(308)
-
▼
April
(20)
- Breakfast in Bed
- Little Helper
- Snuggle Time
- New Shades
- Happy Easter!
- Coloring Easter Eggs
- Dr's Visit
- Take the Poll!!
- Beds all Around
- Happy Birthday Uncle Thomas!
- Messing Around
- 31 Weeks Pregnant
- I Go Night Night
- Bath Time!
- Evalee's 1st Birthday!!
- Ear Update
- A Dream Come True
- Birthday Business
- More Wedding Pictures
- Drew & Alicia's Wedding
-
▼
April
(20)
No comments:
Post a Comment