Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little Feet Everywhere

Last night when we were laying on the couch, Mommy said that the baby was really active. So, I put my hand on her stomach, and after a few minutes, I felt a little kick! Even though this our second time around, it doesn't make feeling the baby any less amazing. A few days ago, I looked back at the blog to see when I first felt Alex kick. It was on January 26th. If the due date wasn't enough to tell us, a few tiny kicks reminded us that our little ones are on a very similar path. It's going to be an exciting June! (. . .or maybe even May?)

So, after feeling the kicks of new baby Kershaw, we went to bed. Then, this morning, we woke up, and I headed upstairs to fetch Alex like I usually do. Half-way up the stairs, I heard him wake-up, and whisper "Hello?" When I got to the top of the stairs, I was greeted by an empty bed. Usually, if Alex gets out of bed, we can hear a few thumps over the monitor--which are often followed by some frantic "Momma"s and "Dada"s. Evidently, last night, Alex was quite calm after he made his way out of bed because when I stepped into the room, I could see two pajama-bottomed feet sticking out from under his bed. I have no idea how long he slept under there, but he seemed quite comfortable. In fact, it took me a minute to get him out from under there. Although I don't want to deprive the little man of his comfy hiding spot, I went ahead and put a small step-stool next to the bed. Now, he at least has the option of crawling back into bed rather than under it.

1 comment:

These Are The Days said...

Those kicks make everything so real and exciting. We don't see you guys enough for this pregnancy to be tangible -- I feel like this baby is going to be here before we can blink! So, so happy for you guys.

Background

Blog Archive

Followers