Last night Amelia started getting a rash on the front of her shoulder. Grandma put some lotion on it thinking it was just some dry irritated skin. The next morning it was on her neck and chin too. By the time she got home from their house it was all over her back. It looked so incredibly red and almost burned. It was scabbed up in a few places, but not places she could easily reach to scratch. I took a picture and sent it to Nurse Emily who had us come over to her friend's house in Sherman to check it out. She told us it looked like a contact burn, but I have no idea from what. I haven't changed laundry or anything like that and they didn't take baths at Grandma's house so it wasn't the soap.
Anyway, Emily told us to put a thick layer of Aquaphor on and keep her in cotton t-shirts. I gave her some Tylenol and laid her down for a nap. It wasn't any better when she woke up so I gave her some Benadryl. Still not better the next morning so we headed to the Dr's office. Nurse Emily thought it looked better, but I didn't. We ended up getting a steroid cream to use for the next few days and medicine for a yeast infection. The girl was a mess from head to toe!!! Thankfully she's not been super whiny during all this mess!

No comments:
Post a Comment