Today we hunkered down at home in anticipation of what the weather forecasters were predicting to be one of the biggest snow storms in history. It was about noon before things finally got going, but we're probably up to about 7 inches of snow and the biggest snow is supposed to happen tonight. We've been lucky enough to have power all day, even though it did flicker a few times around 5:30 pm.
Daddy headed out around 4:00 pm and shoveled the driveway to try to keep ahead of things, but he hasn't been back out. It's sooooo cold out. Briggsy wasn't very about having to go outside, but unfortunately it was a must for him. Alex has enjoyed wearing Daddy's snow boots around the house. It's a joy having him drag dirty boots around the house, but I figured I'm not attempting any real house cleaning until I have a reason to. It's just going to be an endless battle of picking up toys, etc. I may attempt laundry tomorrow if we have power, but for the most part we're just trying to enjoy some family time together.
Luckily both Mommy and Daddy's works closed so we didn't even have to take the day off. Alex's daycare closed early today and is closed tomorrow. Daddy already knows he doesn't have to go to work tomorrow, but Mommy is still up in the air. Regardless of whether or not the office is closed, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a snow/personal day tomorrow!! Thank God for a warm house!!!
I posted earlier about going to celebrate Ma's birthday, but today is her actual birthday! Happy 87th Birthday Ma!!! We Love You!!
No comments:
Post a Comment